Sunday, September 20, 2009

Plants of Taganga

(If you are reading this from Facebook, click view original post)

“The shore is an ancient world, for as long as there has been an earth and sea
there has been this place of the meeting of land and water.”
Rachel Carson

Here are some of the plant pictures that I took in Taganga. To be honest, I was at least as excited to see the plants as I was to see the Caribbean! :) Taganga has a dryer climate than Barranquilla so instead of seeing tropical green hills, the hills are a redish-brown color with dry grass, large cacti and small trees. It reminded me of the area around Cabo San Lucas where I went last summer.

This flowering shrub (below) is one that I have seen alot in Barranquilla as well. However, I don't know what it is! I would really like to find a field guide or something, but I think that will be difficult.



I saw pink, white and organge Bouganvilla in front of many houses and businesses. The brightly colored "flowers" aren't actually flowers at all, but leaves. The small white blossom is the actual flower.



And finally, here is one last flower that I thought was really cool-looking.












No comments:

Post a Comment