Tuesday, February 2, 2010

An afternoon stroll

(If you are viewing this from facebook, click view original post)

Today I remembered to bring my camara with me on my walk. The neighborhood I live in is called Miramar and you can actually see the Caribbean on clear days. It's a very new neighborhood with lots of construction of big, tall apartment buildings. And these buildings are literally on the edge of the city.


Miramar


The view the other direction... soon to be filled with more apartment buildings.


I think they burned the areas around the sidewalks on purpose... the other times I walked down here the plants were overtaking the sidewalk. It is the tropics afterall. It's really funny to walk around here because there are streets and sidewalks, but just trees and plants inbetween. It's kinda nice.

This tree was cool- it had very big leaves and flowers.

Cuidado! Don't fall in!

Check out this funky plant.



The outer edge of Barranquilla... and a road still being constructed.

Ah.. pretty sunset. It's interesting to see when the plants here flower and go to seed... with the whole no seasons thing, it always seems unexpected.

No, it's not tangled wire on that pole- it's a plant. It is the tropics!

No comments:

Post a Comment