Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Night at the Country Club



I decided it was finally time to catch up on some blogging from the last couple of weeks. Anyways, here are some pictures from an event called Passion del Caribe.


Dave and I were invited by one of our coworkers. We didn't really know what to expect, except lots of dancing. It was at a country club, which was not a big surprise. Going to country clubs is pretty common here. So far we've had two school functions at country clubs. (Ruah, and The Chaos... I mean Science Fair) For some reason I was still caught off guard by all the fancy tables and table centers. I started to wonder, what kind of passión is this? Were we going to see some telenovela-style passión? Would people just sit at their fancy tables and clap politely, or would they dance?


The presenter of the show began to introduce the show and another presenter as well. Acabo de llegar de Miami... presentadora colombiana... hmm... I think she's talking about my new assistente famosa! Yes! Helping me with parent/teacher conferences by day, fancy presenter by night! Who knew?

Turns out the evening did have a lot of dancing, and singing, and even a stand-up comedian. One group number was just revered to as Las Nalgas, which consisted of girls in swimsuits booty-shakin' to African/Cumbia drumming. I think it's safe to say that there were people who came just to see this act!

Professional Salsa Dancers who were REALLY fast!



Dancers in cool costumes.

Towards the end of the night, a large salsa band started playing, and the show turned into a dance party. I saw my coworker famosa and she seemed just as surprised to see me as I had been to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment